Saturday, February 28, 2009

Finally!?

Kelsie is finally a licensed driver. Those are her words...I prefer my kids to be driving for a year as a permitted driver before they get their license, which really bugs them. So we went to a defensive driving course, which was required by her insurance company for a discount (I went because I had a ticket)- after that I had no other excuse to say no. On Tuesday Feb 24th I took Kelsie to the Scottsdale DMV to take her test. She was pretty nervous. She came back 15 minutes later with a huge grin on her face. She Had Passed!! Then I had her take me through Scottsdale to get to John's office. Holy Cow - I am a bad passenger. I had never been real city driving with her (Anthem has two main roads and not a ton of traffic). Anyway - she really is a good driver but I was barking out "slow down quicker" "be careful their turning". Needless to say she was not very happy with me. In my defense I am nervous with anyone driving my car now because after our very minor accident it took 17 days to get my car back from the body shop. And yes I did have a loaner vehicle but my Prius has the alternative fuel license plate which allows me to be a single driver in the HOV lane. This cuts anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes off my daily commute. FOR 17 DAYS I DID NOT GET THAT PRIVILEDGE.

Ok - sorry for the side note. I really am excited and scared to have another child driving. She loves it and has even bought her own car. Once she brings it home next week we will take a picture and post it - she is so proud (as she should be).

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Congrats!! "With great power comes great resposibility." The Aunt on Spiderman

Janee Graham said...

Way to go Kelsey :)Hey Kameron and Family! Amy should be getting your DVD to you soon...you can see some pictures at www.endlessfoto.com! Thanks! Two licensed drivers... THAT'S so CRAZY.

Jesse & Karen Nevin said...

I remember 8 experiences like this one you have just had and it did not get easier. Kelsie be safe!