Friday, August 27, 2010

And the journey begins

Kelsie has been eager to start her adult life :) She made the decision to move to Utah. She will be a nanny for her Uncle and Aunt and then in April/May she will begin school at the Y (I was told that BYU is referred to as the Y by all Utahans) The girls took the long long drive to drop her off.
Ahhh...Beautiful Utah
Organizing Clothes - Kelsie has 2 closets so she can have a winter closet and a summer closet :)
Not thrilled that Mom is documenting this :)
Kelsie & Kora such a sweetie
Kameron and Kora looking out Kelsie's basement window
Kelsie was hoping Raeli would wake up - this was right before we left to come back home.
<>
One of the rooms have a "secret" room that you have to climb too...I thought this was so cool and magical.
Backyard fun. Raeli carried this small branch with leaves on it for almost the entire time we were outside. In Kelsie's backyard she has a very yummy plum tree, a pear tree(they weren't ripe yet so I don't know how yummy the pears are), a blackberry and raspberry bush. There is a creek that runs through the backyard as well. Very big very cool backyard!
Outside the hotel we stayed at - we split the trip into two days on the way up. Here Raeli is was laughing because we were playing peek-a-boo - I just love how her nose is smooshed on the glass.
Raeli was bored and what does anyone do in that situation? well nibble on your toes of course.
I am very proud of Kelsie - she has made some choices and stuck by them. She will succeed in life and it is very fulfilling to see her begin her first journey as an adult. We miss her already but know she is destined for greatness!

2 comments:

The "Curby Clan" said...

Oh my goodness. Your girls are so grown up and beautiful. I can't believe how grown up they are. I wish her the best. tell her hi for me.

The Squirts said...

Good luck Kelsie! We look forward to hearing about your life at the Y.