Friday, November 7, 2008

Amazing Deal

Amazing sale at Fry's right now...if you buy 10 items (mix and match specific items) you get $5 credit off your final bill. Well Arrowhead water is included in this sale AND I have coupons for arrowhead water. I bought 22 3L waters for $5.25. That is an amazing deal. The great thing about it, is now I have water supply started on my year supply. I am excited about this because for so long we have been counseled to have food/water storage, and I have for nearly all my adult life had reasons for not having that food/water supply. The biggest reason is how overwhelming it is to realize the amount of food that is and how much space it would take especially the water. AND Arizona poses a unique dilemma...it is too darn hot for anything to be stored in the garage...so where do you store it. Well because it was too overwhelming I just never got started. Dumb I know...
I have realized that any supply is better than no supply so I am going in small spurts. As I come across amazing deals I stock up. One more plug for these awesome water jugs...they are designed to be stacked. How cool is that. So everyone gets to store their own (4) 3L bottles in their closet ~ space dilemma solved!...Sunny you should have these coupons too (Fry's doubles only the first three coupons so you might want to go in two trips ~ It is less embarrassing too...people begin to wonder if you know something they don't when you buy that much water in one trip:))

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey, those are pretty nifty water jugs. I'll have to look for those at my grocery store.

Laura Nevin said...

Arrowhead had the same jugs on sale at one of our local grocery stores and Jessica took advantage of that deal. We have plenty of water, but I need to recycle some of it.

You are right, any supply is better than no supply. We had a lot of the food storage out in the garage, but we moved it into the closet under the stairs to help preserve it better since it gets a bit warm here too. (I know, not as HOT as Az!) Using closets and also the space under beds helps too.

We know it's important to focus on the basics for long-term storage (things like wheat, sugar, oil, powdered milk.) It's also a good idea to have 1 to 3 months of ready-to-eat-right-now food. I like to have have things like chili, spaghettios, mac-n-cheese, chicken noodle and tomato soups, etc., as well as canned veggies and fruit on hand. Every little bit helps!

(Word to the wise; if you don't have potable water to drink during an emergency, eating your stored food may do you harm.)

Keep up the good work!!!