Back when I thought I was not having anymore children you would hear me say "I loved being pregnant". Well I am certain that women are able to remove bad memories of giving birth in order to agree to it again. My pregnancy is not bad by any means...I just don't remember going through some of the stuff. Like the strong aversions to sweets and anything smelly (chicken - fish - and things that are smelly to everyone). Thank goodness I got past that. However I am at the stage where I absolutely love brownies, cookies, and Rubio's Shrimp Burritos...all of which torture me if I eat them. Heartburn is a mean thing. But then there are great rewards like feeling Raeli doing cartwheels and karate from the inside. Pretty amazing stuff. I remember gaining weight and swelling but something is wrong with my calculations of how much I gained. I remember only gaining 20 lbs when I was carrying Kameron and Kelsie and about 30 with Jed. I have already gained about 14 lbs and I am only half way there. (YIKES) The swelling thing seems very clear though - I remember that happening towards the end of the pregnancy like in the last two months and usually when I happened to be on my feet alot. Well I have included a picture of what my feet do most of the time now (starting two weeks ago). The worst was when we went to Vegas and were walking alot and then sitting alot...holy cow my poor toes did not look like they belonged on the same feet. I have enjoyed my small ankles and feet this weekend but know it is only temporary as work seems to bring out the swelling in me. I have also included a picture of John and me at a convention in Vegas (taken last weekend). Yes I have a baby bump now and it seems to get bigger everyday (probably explains that weight gain thing). And finally I included some pictures of Raeli that were taken March 13th at my last 3D ultrasound. Mom was in town and was able to go with us...it was pretty cool.
I still will say I enjoy pregnancy because the rewards far outweigh some of my discomfort. 4 months to go ...not that far away before life changes again :)



This last picture was after we were bugging her for quite sometime. She actually rolled up and it appears she was saying enough pictures - she put her hand in front of her face and her leg is practically over her head. This is one of my favorite pictures of her.
4 comments:
Surely those are not your feet!!!? Those 3D pictures are really amazing to say the least. John the new facial hair gives you a very different look. I would say that you look a little like Tom Arnold but he is such a ding bat that I better not make that comparison because that is the farthest thing from what I think of you!!!
Ahhh the many joys that come along with pregnancy. I have to say that even though I was extremely sick the first time...the last time with London yes it is sad but (dare I say) my age made a huge difference. And not in a good way :)lol. good luck and take it easy!
Yes those are actual pictures of my feet. Those were taken when we were in Vegas. My ankles swell alot less since then. I think walking and sitting and eating fast food contributed alot to that. My ankles start the day off looking normal now and have not swollen to that size since...I am glad I took pictures because I knew it would be hard to believe :)
Holy Cow, that looks so painful. And yeah! I was hoping you would post some pictures of you and more of the baby. You look so cute with a little bump. That 3D stuff is amazing.
Post a Comment